Monday, March 12, 2007

This Weeks Movie Review - Number 23


Although this movie has been poorly panned by critics everywhere, the scores where fairly high in our group. 9,7,7,8,8. The movie did have it's problems and the others were expecting a horror movie. I was expecting a mystery. Which is what it's classification turned out to be. The main comment seemed to be that they liked it's originality. I'm sure that's not the case as there really isn't such a thing as an original idea anymore. It's been thought of before even if it hasn't been done yet. And...I'm sure there are several movies that will correlate with the movie's storyline. Although I thought there were a few spots where Carey tried too hard to act, overall I felt his performance was OK and it was great to see him OUT of his comedic role. My recommendation is if you have another movie you really MUST see, see it first. But, don't discount this movie just because of what "the critics" say. Our scores showed that there must be some value in the movie. Different strokes, eh? I wouldn't rush out to see it again but I'm not sorry I went to see it either. I guess its a call you'll have to make. Next weeks review...300

2 comments:

Jim said...

I'm curious to see this one too. It will be a race to see if I make it to the theatre first or it comes out on DVD :)

George said...

Although nothing beats the big screen I would say you could safely wait for the DVD.