Wednesday, March 14, 2007

This Weeks DVD Review -- Inside Man


Even if this movie didn't have a top notch cast it would still be a great movie. It has a very clever plot that keeps you guessing. I found it a very intriguing with twists and turns in all the right directions. I have long been a fan of Clive Owen since movies like Closer, Beyond Boundaries, Croupier and Derailed. I've haven't ever really warmed up to Denzel Washington, or seen him in a role that just amazed me. I know you're saying he supposed to be one of the best black actors of this generation but for some reason he just seems "plain jane" and unnatural to me. However, when you add a stellar supporting cast, Willem Dafoe, Christopher Plummer and Jody Foster all is immediately forgiven. Oh, what's it about...Denzel plays a cop and Owen plays a bank robber who is trying to rob New York's biggest bank (ed note: its not your typical cops & robbers movie). Thrown in are the supporting cast all with their own agendas. which are uniquely interwoven into the main plot. Don't miss Owen's opening scene or you'll be sorry at the end. LISTEN CLOSELY, he doesn't repeat it. The DVD has the usual commentary by director, 25 min. of deleted scenes and some other goodies you might enjoy. I give it a solid 8 out of 10. Sorry short review this week, brain death is an ugly thing.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I liked it too. See DW in Manchurian Candidate!

George said...

I think his only good movie of his was "The Bone Collector". But then again, I like cop shows and mysteries. However I loved the storyline in Manchurian. Leib is never bad to look at and Meryl played a true bitch just so wonderfully.